The Department of Anatomy, AIIMS Patna, has started body donation programme. Donated body is used for study purposes of MBBS and B.Sc nursing students. It helps in making them good doctors and nurses, so that they will serve the human beings better. It is possible only by your donation. So we are really very thankful to all of you for your great work of body donation. Here we accept dead bodies to be used for educational and research purpose. People willing to donate their body after death must disclose about their wish to their immediate family, doctors and other relevant people before making the decision. After that one may get oneself registered in Body Donation Programme by downloading and the duly filled Body Donation From and Will Form attached below has to be sent to the Department of Anatomy, AIIMS PATNA. These forms are also available at the department office. Kindly inform your family or relevant people that you wish for whole body donation and ensure that they also understand the procedure of anatomical donation.
Procedure for Whole Body Donation
• Download the Will Form and Body donation Form attached below.
• The forms, duly filled should be returned to :
The Department of Anatomy
AIIMS PATNA, PHULWARISHARIF, 801507
• A Donor Card with registration number will be sent to the donor.
• After the death of the donor, it is the responsibility of the family of the demise to inform the AIIMS PATNA about the death.
• The family and relatives of demise are requested to bring the body to AIIMS PATNA if the donation is accepted.
• Unregistered donations may also be accepted.
• Please note that the donation of the body may not be accepted, if it is not in a useful condition, at the time of death, for the purpose of
medical education .For example, bodies damaged in an accident or with contagious medical illness like – HIV, ACTIVE, TB, HEPATITIS,
TETENUS, GAS GANGRENE and medicolegal cases etc will not be accepted.
• It is requested that any relative of the demise discuss the matter with departmental faculty at the time of the death. After the required
fulfilment of the cause of the death and condition of the body etc, the donation will be accepted.
• If requested, family members may be allowed to see the body after donation for upto three days only, after which it is not possible to show
the body or handover the remains thereof.
• Hairs/nails may be collected at the time of donation only, if decided by the family, for the purpose of any religious rituals.
• After full utilisation the remains will be scientifically disposed.